The Best Biceps Sculpturing Workouts
Biceps are the epitome of fitness. Every man and woman deserves to have some awesome biceps.
So you should really incorporate biceps workouts into your routine to grow these proud muscles. And here are my best biceps sculpturing workouts.
1)Standing barbell curl
2)Ez-bar preacher curl
3)Alternate incline dumbbell curl
4)Reverse wrist curl and wrist curl
5)Seated barbell curl
6)Dual dumbbell hammer curl
1)Standing Barbell Curl
Standing Barbell Curl – The most basic biceps workout you can see in any posters and magazines. Engages both your total biceps at the same time.
1. Do not go overboard with biceps curls as you may tear your biceps tendon if you’re not careful – So only pick weights that you can handle. Then, grasp the barbell at shoulder-width apart with palms facing upwards.
2. Stand tall upright with knees slightly bent to buffer the weight during exercise. Allow the bar to hang to your thighs and this will be your starting position.
3. In order to execute the exercise flawlessly, slowly curl the bar in a controlled tempo and squeeze at the top of the lift. You can definitely feel the pump in your biceps as your squeeze at the top.
4. After squeezing your biceps at the top, slowly lower the bar back to the starting position in slow eccentric motion.
5. Repeat this movement and remember not to cheat your way through by swinging with unwanted momentum. You want to make sure you always keep the tension on in order to get the most out of this exercise.
2) EZ-Bar Preacher Curl
This workout engages your inner biceps and brings out the biceps peak.
1. Look for a bicep curls station in order to perform this exercise. Firstly, adjust your seat height to a comfortable position so that your arms are properly rested on the pad. This will be your starting position.
2. For better stabilization, place your feet wide and frontward, and hold tight onto the EZ-bar with the supinated grip.
3. Perform the curls in a controlled manner and remember to squeeze at the top of the lift to reap the most benefits. Finally, lower the bar back to the starting position. Repeat this movement until your rep scheme has been completed.
3)Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curl
This is my favorite workout hands down because this workout is a perfect isolation workout for the biceps without any cheating movements – the incline position cancels out most of the ‘cheating’ momentum, increase the range or motion, and you can’t really carry much weight when you’re lying incline.
1. Set an incline bench at about a 45-degree angle.
2. Hold onto 2 dumbbells in both hands with a neutral grip and allow your arm to hang low. This will be the starting position.
3. Lock your elbows in this position to reduce cheating momentum. Slowly raise the dumbbell upwards (you can start with either side first) and add a little twist at the top while you squeeze the biceps.
4. Twist and squeeze your biceps at the top for 2-3 seconds before slowly lower the weights back to the starting position.
5. Once completed, repeat this movement with the other arm until your rep scheme has been completed.
I recommend doing 10-12 Reps for 3-4 sets for this exercise to effectively grow your biceps.
4)Reverse Wrist Curl And Wrist Curl
This additional workout trains your wrists and forearms. Many people ignore this exercise because they don’t see the need of it. But do you want to look like a hunk with huge biceps and triceps with arms like twigs? If you want to look good overall and have strong stabilization muscles to move more weights, add in these 2 compulsory forearms workout into your workout regime.
1. You perform reverse wrist curls with a pronated grip (also known as the overhand grip). Make sure to pick a light weight for this exercise as your forearms are not huge muscles to handle massive weights.
2. Next, look for a bench and kneel at the side of it, with your forearms resting on the bench. Grasping the barbell, allow your hands to hang over the edge. This will be the starting position.
3. To execute the exercise, simply curl your hands to the top and squeeze your forearms muscles (Do note that this exercise has a short range of motion). Then, slowly lower the weight to the starting position.
4. Repeat this movement until your rep scheme has been completed.
Since the forearms have smaller muscles and shorter range or motion, you don’t have to go too heavy on this. Simply lift lighter weights in higher repetition to get the best result from this exercise.
5)Seated Barbell Curl
This is another variation for bicep curls. This exercise is similar to standing barbell curls. The only difference is you’re seated this time round.
1. First, load up your barbell with appropriate weight to perform 6-10 reps max.
2. Sit upright on an adjustable bench and rest the barbell on your thighs.
3. With a supinated grip, perform curls in a control movement without swinging the weights around. Again, you want to make sure that you squeeze at the top of the lift and feel the biceps contraction.
4. Finally, lower the barbell slowly and go for repetitions. Always move the weights in a moderate or slow tempo for constant tension and contraction. Pay attention to the sensation of your biceps during both concentric and eccentric movements.
6)Dual Dumbbell Hammer Curl
A killer workout for both forearms and biceps. Every biceps workout routine should have hammer curls in to be complete.
1. You can choose to stand or stay seated for this workout. First, grasp on tightly a pair of dumbbells by your side with a neutral grip. This will be your starting position.
2. Make sure that your palms are facing each other throughout the entire workout. Hammer curls require lifting both dumbbells in an upward motion in elbows-locked position without twisting your wrists.
3. Squeeze your biceps at the top of the lift and slowly return to the starting position by slow, controlled eccentric movement. Repeat this exercise until you’ve completed your reps.
So there you have it, ultimate chest and biceps sculpturing workouts you can add to your workout routine and grow those highly esteemed muscles!